I had to revive this article from the dead, because I saw a news on CNN about how 11 minutes of exercise increases your lifespan.
I almost always laugh at such studies, but hey exercise cannot be bad.
If you already do some form of exercise GREAT!!
Continue doing that.
If not, read on. You can start doing the 5 minute Exercise, or may be make it 11 minute 🙂
I learnt about the mini-exercise from Martin Gibala a long time ago in his book the One Minute Workout.
There are so many ways you can always find out 11 minutes in your day.
And to make it even tiny, do not aim for 11 minutes.
Here is a tiny habit recipe for your 30 second exercise:
After I finish my first meeting of the day,
I will do 30 seconds of walking + running OR jogging + push ups OR squats + stretches
And then Celebrate.
Or you could do this while watching your netflix or favorite TV show.
Want to make it the 5 minutes as Martin Gibala explains in the book? Here is a very simple exercise plan, that you can do even if you have no exercise equipment at home.
- 1Bonus points if you do the workouts before eating your meals.
- 2And another day, remind me to talk about the benefits of working out in fasted state!
- 3Warm up for 1 minute with light walking on the sidewalk or around the house or office, where ever you are exercising.
- 4Now for 20 seconds RUN at your maximum speed. Run like there is an angry Bear chasing you. Just Run as fast as you can.
- 5Now slow down and walk at the normal pace for 1 minute
- 6For 20 seconds, repeat the running - as fast as you can.
- 7Now walk at the normal pace for 1 minute
- 8For another 20 seconds, repeat the running.
- 9Cool down for 1 minute by walking gently.
- 10THAT IS IT. YOU ARE DONE.
If you have a treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical or stepper at home feel free to use that and just do the 20-second sprints at the maximum resistance and fastest speeds you can endure.
If you are unable to go out and run, and have no exercise equipment what so ever, get creative and find steps in your home or neighbourhood and just climb up and down the steps for your exercise.
And make sure to the steps as fast as you can for your 20-second sprints.
I hope this de-mystifies the exercise for you and you are able find 1 minute or 5 or 11 minute out of your life every day to do this "Exercise".
If you have a busy desk job and want to lose all your excess weight and keep it off forever, I am giving away free clarity calls. Limited spaces only. If you still see an open slot grab one.During this powerful 1:1 Clarity Call, we will work together to
- Create a crystal clear vision for the ideal life you will be living in your new, slim, sexy. confident body.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your weight loss efforts and keeping you from getting the body you want.
- Leave this session renewed, inspired and finally ready to lose all the weight you want - once and for all.
To claim your free offer Select a time slot that works for you. Give yourself from 45-90 minutes for the consultation.