This Reverse Sear Lamb Chops recipe makes a delicious and healthy gourmet meal, that can be made in a few simple steps. If you eat meat for protein, Steak and Lamb Chops are the easiest to cook. And saves so much time and money even when you buy the most delicious organic, grass-fed, and all-natural pasture-raised kind. Ever since I purchased this Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, I use the reverse sear method of cooking quite a lot, at least every time I make a steak or chops.
What is Reverse Sear Method of Cooking?
Traditionally, I am sure you have been told to sear or brown the meat first and then finish in the Oven, or Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker. In the case of Pressure Cooking, or Slow Cooking, I tend to follow that advice.
However, if I have to roast meats, I prefer to marinate the meat, and roast it in the oven first and then finish on the hot Cast Iron Pan. Try it once and you will know why.
One of the greatest experiments you can do in life is to ask this question – What if you did the exact opposite of the normal – this one time? That is how you find new, delicious, amazing things, places, inventions, and discoveries.
Ingredients to use for 4 Servings of Reverse Sear Lamb Chops
Everything is really Optional, except the Lamb, Squeeze of Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper. But, what is Life without Herbs and Spices? So stock them up and use them for taste and good health!
- Lamb Loin Chops – 4
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Meat Tenderizer – 1 tbsp (or about 3 tbsp of fresh raw papaya minced) – (Totally Optional)
- Fresh garlic (finely minced) – 2 tbsp
- Fresh ginger (grated) – 2 tbsp
- Fresh Rosemary (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Thyme (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Sage (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp Or to taste.
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper – 1/2 tsp
I go all out when I have a good set of Lamb Chops. So I did end up using about 2 Tbsp Ghee, A sprig of fresh Rosemary from my neighbor’s kitchen garden, and some fresh garlic Cloves to Sear in the end.
Method to cook Reverse Sear Lamb Chops
- In a flat tray or large mixing bowl, mix all of the Ingredients and apply on the Lamb Chops.
- Marinate it for at least 2 hours. (Or if meal prepping. Marinate in batches and leave in the freezer. Thaw in the morning or night before if you want to use for later.)
- Preheat Oven to 275 F and place the chops in a large pan and bake for about 30-45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches about 125 F (If you fancy). I was looking for Medium Rare and this is about what gets me that!
- Let it rest for about 15-20 minutes so the juices run clear.
Finally the moment of truth. This is how you Reverse Sear Lamb Chops.
Heat that ghee on Lodge Cast Iron Pan on high heat. Add the rosemary and garlic to the pan. Now one by one quickly sear the lamb chops to brown on all sides. (Pictured above is when I used my grill pan to do the sear.) It should take about 1-2 minutes per chop to sear it.
While this last “Reverse Sear” step seems complicated, but you will be surprised how it locks in the flavor of the meat and takes the taste up a notch. Like a fancy Gourmet Chef Meal!
Serve with a side of Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies.
Or On top of an Arugula-Raspberry Salad topped with some balsamic vinaigrette.
This also pairs well with Steamed (or Microwaved Veggies) as I talk about in this post as well. Did you know eating Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts helps prevent Cancer?
Want a recipe for my secret breakfast drink to get lean in 21 days? Learn more here – Melt Away Every Last lb of Fat. Become Lean in as little as 21 days with This One Trick.