This is a recipe full of proteins and packed with just the right amount of spices to treat your tastebuds BUT without adding excessive calories to tip off your balance.
It is easy to prepare.
Marinate it beforehand and you just need a few minutes to do the rest of it.
Ingredients For The Marinade:
- 1Wash and dry the chicken thoroughly and then mix in all the ingredients for marinade and let it marinate in the freezer for 24 - 48 hours.
- 2Take out the chicken from the freezer and let it defrost for 4-6 hours until you are ready to cook.
- 3In a large thick bottomed pan, add olive oil and cook on medium heat.
- 4Once the oil is hot, add asafetida, immediately add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and caraway seeds.
- 5Stir for about 10 seconds and then add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and start to turn slightly pink.
- 6Add marinated chicken and cook on medium-low heat stirring the chicken every 5 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle additional salt and pepper to taste (if needed).
- 8Keep stirring and cooking the chicken until all the liquid is dried up.
- 9Garnish with cilantro and mix well.
- 10Enjoy with a side of salad (Lettuce leaves + cucumber + red onion + tomato + celery .. etc)
Roti and Rice are certainly traditional options for eating it with (not so if you are eating for weight loss).
If you are already healthy and happy with your current weight, feel free to enjoy with roti and rice!!