Would you make this healthy curried cauliflower to eat with your Rotis?
Notice how I skipped the customary Potatoes (that go with traditional aloo gobhi).
It's healthier without the potatoes anyways!!
Enjoy and let me know what you accompany it with.
- 1Heat oil in a deep pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the tempering spices and stir for 30 seconds.
- 3Add onion, garlic, and ginger and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes while the onion starts to become pink/brown.
- 4Add turmeric, coriander, cayenne, black pepper, salt, and tomato paste and mix everything well.
- 5Add the cauliflower and about 1 cup of water. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat
- 6Garnish with cilantro (and if you are using heavy cream/coconut cream add it now as well) and mix well.
- 7Enjoy with fresh and hot Rotimatic Rotis!
Remember this is a great make-ahead recipe.
So you could cook and freeze it!
On the busy weekdays when you are in a rush, just take it out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave.
Serve with low carb flatbreads, rotis, or tortillas.