When you are craving something spicy, delicious and guilt free this is the perfect snack to whip up. You do not have to be a chef to make this either. Add a side of whole milk plain greek yogurt for an even higher protein snack.
Who said you cannot get enough protein as a vegan?
Low Carb Peanut Avocado Salad
- Peanuts – 1 cup
- Onion – 1/4 cup
- Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly – 1 chopped finely
- Cucumber – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 cup
- Lemon -1/2 a lemon
- Avocado – 1
- Some chat masala, cumin powder, salt, cayenne pepper to taste
- Soak peanuts for 8 hours.
- If you want to be fancy you could Pressure cook it with salt for 1 whistle (or you could skip this step if lazy like me )
- Rough chop all of the veggies. Finely chop the chillies
- Mix everything together with boiled or soaked peanuts.
- Squeeze 1/2 a lemon on it and sprinkle salt, pepper, cumin powder or Chat masala
- Enjoy the spicy tangy salad.
- This is a versatile recipe.
- You can substitute peanuts with chickpea, almonds or other nuts.
- You could also use other vegetables you fancy such as shredded lettuce, bell peppers, radish etc.
- And Do not forget to add a side of Greek Yogurt for added protein.
Want to be notified when I post more content like this? Join thousands of other Awesome EatPlayFit family members to be the first to know.