This is another great meal prep idea for the Iftar meals which would definitely come in handy on a busy Ramadan weekday.
You could easily cook this very hands off in a slow cooker, or a deep pan, dutch oven or pressure cooker.
This recipe stores very well in your refrigerator, so you could quickly microwave it for those busy weekdays!
For The Sauce
- 1Marinate the meat with all the ingredients listed under the Marinade. You can marinate from 2 hours to upto 48 hours in refrigerator.
- 2Grease the slow cooker with cooking spray on all sides and add the marinated meat and cook on high for about 4-6 hours, checking and stirring every hour or so making sure there is enough liquid to complete the cooking. I usually do not add any liquid, but add if needed. All slow cookers are different 🙂
- 3When the meat becomes tender, around the 5 hour mark add the tomato paste and mix well.
- 4Mix the corn flour (or alternate) in water and add to the slowcooker and mix well. At this time add any additional water, check salt etc..
- 5Cook another hour or so for every thing to mix well together.
- 6In another pan on stove, on medium high heat fry the onions in the olive oil until the onion becomes brown.
- 7Add the fried Onions and the cilantro to the Slowcooker and mix well.
Reminder again - if eating for weightloss, make sure you eat this with steamed vegetables.
For kids and those who are at your ideal weight, enjoy with Naan, Roti or Rice!