If you already do some form of exercise GREAT!!
Continue doing that.
If not, read on.
I learnt about the 5-minute exercise from Martin Gibala.
Do you have at least 5 minutes in a day?
Nope, Not Really.
So, How could you make 5 more minutes available to you so you can exercise.
Well here is an idea : Could you not watch TV or could you make that phone call/Meeting short Or the back and forth trip that you save yourself from picking up your carryout by planning ahead and Healthy meal prepping?
Or if none of this work, set an alarm and wake up 5-minutes early.
Ok, now that we have made the said 5-minutes of time to exercise.
Here is a very simple exercise plan, that you can do even if you have no exercise equipment at home.
- 1VERY IMPORTANT: Decide that you will "DO" this exercise right before eating your meals.
- 2This would be a trigger for you to remember to do the exercise! And another day we could discuss about the benefits of working out in fasted state!
- 3Warm up for 1 minute with light walking on the sidewalk or around the house or office, where ever you are exercising.
- 4Now for 20 seconds RUN at your maximum speed. Run like there is an angry Bear chasing you 🙂
- 5Now slow down and walk at the normal pace for 1 minute
- 6For 20 seconds, repeat the RUN at your maximum pace. RUN like there is a hungry Lion chasing you this time 😛
- 7Now walk at the normal pace for 1 minute
- 8For another 20 seconds, repeat the RUN at your maximum pace. RUN like there is an Anaconda chasing you haha!
- 9Cool down for 1 minute by walking gently.
- 10THAT IS IT. YOU ARE DONE.
If you have a treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical or stepper at home feel free to use that and just do the 20-second sprints at the maximum resistance and fastest speeds you can endure.
If you are unable to go out and run, and have no exercise equipment what so ever, get creative and find steps in your home or neighbourhood and just climb up and down the steps for your exercise.
And make sure to the steps as fast as you can for your 20-second sprints.
So, do you still have an excuse why you could not do this exercise?