Everyone wants an easy button – What is the easiest way to lose weight? I wrote this post a long time ago, originally because I kept getting asked in my free-discovery calls in many formats – Can I lose 10lbs by this summer? to Can, I lose 120 lbs. this year?
On digging deep, it turns out there is a lot of underlying self-criticism, and blame (blaming the willpower, or family members, or upbringing), and also sadly the – I am not good enough. I am not motivated enough excuses. I know, I know you want fast weight loss. But I am also sure that is the rabbit hole you have gone down before – Set up a massive goal and then felt like a failure.
Do you have any of these excuses?
Do you think that a successful weight loss regimen requires you to stick to your diet plan?
Or perhaps you do not have time to cook? Or Your excuse is that your family only eats sandwiches and unhealthy Pizza and take outs.
Too overwhelmed by work, life, kids, family to meal prep and exercise?
Or you do not really have a lower calorie meal plan or an expert weight loss exercise plan. Or you do not know how to eat to lose the layers upon layers of unhealthy fat that have crept up on you from the years sitting at your desk job on a computer followed by Netflix and Chill at home.
Can I lose 20 lbs by this summer?
Here are some keys to successful weight loss. Things and Ideas easy enough that you could implement right now. Get started on a healthy lifestyle and a get a happy body and when you are healthy, energized and feel awesome at all times, you could lose weight easily and effortlessly. You will effortlessly have a healthy body weight.
Rule # 1 – Diets do not work. A healthy lifestyle is a choice. You need to “want” to be healthier and make the first step towards that change. If you do not know what to do Download this free Guide here.
Start believing and hence behaving like a healthy person and you will be making right choices about your self.
This process I describe below will get you slow and sustainable results and you will see those layers of fat will start melting off and healthy muscles and abs showing before you know it.
If you have forever been on crash diets and expensive gym memberships or part of some Keto, Whole 30, Manic 80, Paleo, Weight watchers and Jenny Craig band wagon or worst yet some unhealthy supplements, meal replacements, you probably know some or more ways to lose weight.
All of them are probably correct, and were designed from a place of true service.
The only fault I see is – They blame it on you, when you fail. And you go down the rabbit hole of looking for yet another diet, gym or exercise video – Only to crash diet and lose/gain weight again.
Four Questions to determine if a weight loss program will work for you and get you successful and permanent weight loss?
However if none of those have worked for you and have left you feel confused, consider answering following questions:1. Is your healthy-eating program based on Science? Or is it just the new fad diet, promoted by a celebrity or your friend that just started this MLM side gig and has her pictures pasted on luxurious vacations all over social media.2. Can you follow the principles for rest of your life? So if you buy into a meal replacement shake or a Plexus, Arbonne or Pruvit – Is this something you will do for rest of your life, or are you just doing it temporarily?3. What this program suggests you to eat and do, would you have your children do it with you? Is the supplement, or meal replacement safe for your kids or has ingredients that makes it unsafe?4. When you talk to your coach about losing weight, Is the first thing that they suggest an artificial supplements, not real food?You perhaps know the right answers to all the above questions.
Your weight loss will most likely be temporary if you buy into fad diets and exercise programs.Instead of getting on a weight loss program, learn the way to eat healthy and nourish your body, that you can train yourself to do for the rest of your life with your family and your children.Learn attitude, lifestyle and behaviors of a fit person and you will never have that spare tire around your belly ever again.
11 Rules to lose weight and keep it off forever:
** I do not know why Eleven. But stay with me …
- Design your Environment. Give away all the junk food (processed bread, sugar, chips, cold drinks, boxed, microwave dinners, cakes, cookies and sodas). I talk about Super Fridge here. What is in your refrigerator?
- Grocery Shopping. Buy fresh meats, vegetables, nuts and dairy. Along with canned black beans, lentils or any beans of your choice really. *Beans are healthier carbs as compared to the breads and rice, so this would satisfy your carb cravings. Buy some berries, papaya, pineapple and apples. Lemons and Oranges are good to have too. Always a great idea to buy pre-cleaned, pre-cut vegetables. Here I discuss A Slow Carb Meal Plan for weight loss.
- Upgrade your skill. If you have no idea how to cook, then get some recipes from this blog. This post on morning routines demystifies breakfast. Energizing Morning Routines Part 1 – Breakfast
- Golden Rule: Always Eat until full and make sure you get about 25–30 grams of protein every meal and fill up rest of your plate with veggies. Also Mama was right. Chew your food a 30 times.
- Drink a lot of water. If you are a list or calendar person, Put a reminder on your calendar to drink 8–10 glasses of plain filtered water every day. If you are the one that snoozes the reminders and ignore the alarms, then build tiny habits* – After I finish breakfast, I will fill a water bottle and put it on my work desk. Or After I reach work, I will fill a water bottle and put it on my work desk. Lastly – If you cant drink plain water add some berries and sliced up lemon to make great tasting infused water. I also talk about tiny habits in this post. Greatest Productivity Hack – Do not break the chain and What has habits got to do with it?
- Tracking your weights and measurement is the only boring activity you may have to do periodically. After all this is the only way to know if you are losing weight or not. I talk more about this here. Weights and Measurements Quantified.
- Lastly Remember to be more kind and forgiving to yourself. If it took you years to put the weight on, don’t expect to lose it in 2 weeks. Slow and Steady is better than on-again, off-again dieting and weight training.
- Do not underestimate the power of sleep and rest. You need to get your 6-8 hours of sleep. I probably sleep more! If you have a wearable that tracks sleep, figure out if you indeed have a good quality sleep. ***Reminder to self: Write an article about sleep next.**
- Enjoy the process of your life changing habits. Learn to celebrate every thing and cultivate happiness by means of tiny habits, instead of celebrating with sugar and food. Express gratitude for a healthy, happy body and family every single day and watch it become healthier, happier and stress free while shedding those fat cells off.
- Have you seen this post about 5 minute exercise. This may be a great way to add a boost to your weight loss plans. Or change it to 11 minute exercise per day for longevity as per the recent studies. Run, Just Dance, Play Basketball or Catch with kids. There are many options.
- Ha. So it looks like there is not really any Rule #2, 3, 4 … but I guess that is how it is. There is only 1 Rule – Diets do not work. Just live a healthy, simple, decision free life style every day and you will never have to diet or join a gym again!
Ready to book your Free 1:1 Clarity Call with me so you can be finally thin forever? During this powerful 1:1 Clarity Call, we will work together to
- Create a crystal clear vision for the ideal life you will be living in your new, slim, sexy. confident body.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your weight loss efforts and keeping you from getting the body you want.
- Leave this session renewed, inspired and finally ready to lose all the weight you want – once and for all.
To claim your free offer Click the Button Below. Give yourself from 45-90 minutes for the consultation.
If you do not see any open spots, email me at email@example.com and I may open up a free spot for you, if I have availability or cancellations.
Jerry Seinfeld Experiment: Don’t break the chain. Post #82.