This is such a favorite at my house because its extremely easy to throw together.
Also has the right balance of proteins and healthy carbs along with vegetables to make it a complete meal in itself, even though its called a Salad 🙂
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1Marinate chicken with Cumin Powder, Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt, Ginger and Garlic Paste for atleast 2 hours. (Could marinate overnight in refrigerator)
- 2Preheat Oven to 400 F.
- 3On a lightly oiled or Lined baking sheet, place the marinated chicken breast and spread and press the pistachios onto the chicken breast to make sure they stick into the chicken.
- 4Bake for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. I also broil for 5 minutes in the end because that makes my pistachios slightly browned and crunchy.
- 5Once the chicken is cooked through take it out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Dice the chicken into small bite size cubes.
- 7While Chicken is cooking, In a small pot place Quinoa and add 2 cups water and a small pinch of salt.Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer. Cook about 20 minutes.
- 8Salad : While the Quinoa is cooking Dice the cucumber, tomato and Avocado in small bite sized cubes. Chop the Shallots, Peppers, Mint and Cilantro. Mix everything well and add all the Lemon juice to this.
- 9Also Toast almonds on a pan on medium high heat for about 5 minutes until slightly browned, and rough chop them using a large knife.
- 10Once quinoa is cooked add a tsp of olive oil and the almonds to it and mix up using a spoon.
- 11On a large platter Serve the Quinoa and Top with Cucumber-Tomato-Avocado salad. Add the Cubed chicken on Top.
- 12Divide into 4 servings and enjoy 🙂