- 1In a large mixing bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, grated ginger, grated garlic, salt, black pepper powder, coriander, red pepper powder, egg and diced chicken.
- 2Give it a good mix and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins or longer.
- 3Heat oil/ghee in a wok (kadhai) or large nonstick pan.
- 4Add marinated chicken.
- 5Brown the chicken from both sides on medium-high flame.
- 6Switch the flame to low/medium and let the chicken cook with the lid covered. (shouldn’t take more than 10-15 minutes; make sure you keep stirring every 2-3 minutes)
- 7Once the chicken is cooked through and all the water has evaporated, increase the heat to high and add green chilies, bell peppers, and onions and give a good mix. Let the onions and peppers cook for only a minute or two. Key is you do not want to overcook the onions or peppers.
- 8Add green chili sauce. At this point, if you want, you could add additional soya sauce and vinegar (I don't, but if you like Soya sauce, you could 😀 )
- 9Finally, add the chopped scallions and cilantro for garnish and stir.
- 10Serve on the side of low carb Roti (Flatbread) or 1/3 cup of rice.