Weightloss regime allows appropriate amounts of potatoes if cooked right. This recipe has little fat and is cooked mostly in water.
It takes very little time to cook and minimal effort.
Eat with a healthy, yummy roti and enjoy!
- 1Wash and slightly peel the potatoes and slice them in medium thickness.
- 2Heat a deep pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil.
- 3When the oil is warmed up, add asafoetida, cumin, and whole red pepper. You will hear the sizzle.
- 4Add onions and fry till they are lightly brown/pink in color.
- 5Add turmeric and salt and mix well.
- 6Now add the potatoes and water.
- 7Cook covered on high for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- 8Turn the heat off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve with low carb flatbread, roti or tortillas!!
Enjoy and let me know in comments how it turned out and how long it took you to put this together!