Snack, You Must. When Hungry You Are.
~ Yoda (said this not)
Chickpea or Garbanzo Beans are a deliciously healthy snack and when you roast it with spices it takes the "taste" up another notch. The crunch from the roasting and the taste from spices makes it taste so much better than your average bag of chips on any given day.
Chickpeas also fits perfectly in the Slow Carb Meal Plan as well. Not in the original, because I am not entirely sure if the author talked about this in the book itself.
India is the largest producer of chickpeas, so I grew up eating it in all forms. From the Green Pods straight from the plant OR Burn the semi dried plant in camp fire and eat the chickpea off the pods. Or the leaf of the young plant itself.
Bean consumption is associated with greater nutrient intake, reduced systolic blood pressure, lower body weight, and a smaller waist circumference in adults. (As per this study.)
Here is a recipe. Make it in bulk. Because as the title of the post says. You really cannot eat just once. You will be craving more and more!
Here is all of the ingredients you need for this recipe. You can find all of these in your local Costco, but I have provided Amazon links if you quickly want to order these and not "procrastinate".
- 1Start out with Canned Garbanzo Beans. 2 Cans are perfect.
- 2Rinse the beans a few times and drain the water to completely dry.
- 3Toss the rinsed beans and all other ingredients in a large bowl and combine everything.
- 4Spread a thin layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- 5Heat oven to 400F and cook for about 30 minutes. Check at 15, and 25-minute marks to toss and rotate in order to get even crunch on all sides.
- 6If using Air Fryer, reduce the cooking times to 20-25 minutes.