Revising this Curry Roasted Chickpeas Recipe today. Oh So Dr. Google can Find it when People Search for Recipes with Garbanzo Beans or Chickpeas.
I will have to tell you though, this is a delicious and addictive snack. And guilt-free because it is good for you. Easy to prepare and pack for a day out, or for a workday snack. This is my lazy recipe. People with lots of patience make the all fancy-schmancy-gourmet hummus. But if the chickpea tastes this good roasted, why bother with blender and all that.
Oh. Before we get to the recipe – Have you checked out my Desk JobWeightLoss Program yet?
Do you have a desk job? You sit at your desk all day and the job stresses you out. You follow through with a cycle of stress eating the first thing you get your hands on. If you want to finally lose all your excess weight, burn belly fat, increase zen, support a healthy inflammation response and repair your broken metabolism. And More of this – without giving up great food, without sweating in the gym. Learn more here – How to start losing your “computer belly” without counting calories, dieting OR sweating in the gym.
- Rinse the canned garbanzo beans and drain to get rid of the salty liquid its canned in. Rinse and drain it a few times.
- Toss the rinsed Garbanzo beans and all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine everything. Take a taste. I load mine up with extra cayenne pepper because I love hot and spicy foods!
- Spread a thin layer of the chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Would work without parchment paper too. Parchment paper makes cleanup a breeze.
- Heat oven to 350 F and cook for about 30 minutes. Check at 20, 25 -minute marks to toss and rotate in order to get an even crunch on all sides.
- If cooking in Airfryer reduce the cooking times by half. Just check at 10 minutes to flip and turn, and cook another five minutes or so. You will know its done when it’s all browned and crunchy.
Serve as a snack immediately. Pack for midday work snack. Or take these Curry Roasted Chickpeas Snacks for a hike to fuel up midway, without losing all of the calorie burning benefits of the hike!
I am not playing doctor. Any advice you read on this blog cannot be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. If you are experiencing a health condition please reach out to a qualified healthcare professional. I repeat, do not use this blog as medical advice to treat yourself or others.
Nutritional Value of Chickpeas
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are high in protein, fiber, folate, Iron and Phosphorus. They have low glycemic index and hence better for diabetics (as compared to other kinds of grains.). They are also beneficial for intestinal and gut health. Look at this study to learn more.
Jerry Seinfeld Experiment: Don’t break the chain. Post #55.