Really easy Kale/Mustard greens recipe to pair perfectly well with masala rotis.
Healthy, nutritious and also great to make ahead in large quantities and eat for the week!!
- 1Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a pinch of asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds when the oil is hot.
- 2Now add ginger, garlic, and onion and sauté for two to three minutes until the onion becomes slightly translucent.
- 3Add salt, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder, and coriander powder and mix well.
- 4Add green chilies, kale, and mustard greens to the pan and stir.
- 5Let it cook over medium-high heat till the greens turn soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- 6Lastly add the spinach (since it cooks fairly quick) and coconut powder.
- 7Continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the greens are completely cooked.
- 8(Optional step) Let it cool and grind to a coarse paste. While grinding you could add some olive or mustard oil, too, for additional flavor.
- 9Serve with your low carb flatbreads, tortillas, or rotis, with a dollop of butter on top.