Ingredients For Marinade:
- 1Wash and dry the chicken thoroughly and then mix up all the ingredients for marinade and let it marinate for at least 1 hour (or in fridge for upto 48 hours.)
- 2If in the freezer, then take out the chicken from the freezer and let it defrost for 4-6 hours until you are ready to cook.
- 3In a large thick bottomed pan add Ghee or olive oil and turn on medium-high heat.
- 4Once the oil is hot, add asafetida. Immediately add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and shah zeera.
- 5Add onion paste and cook until it is brown and oil is separated.
- 6Add marinated chicken, cover and mix well and cook for about 30 minutes - 1 hour until the chicken is cooked through. Keep stirring every 10 minutes or so, taking care that the chicken does not burn and add 1/2 cup water if the chicken is drying out.
(Alternatively, if cooking this kind of chicken in IP or pressure cooker, it may be much faster, but I haven’t tried yet so cannot advise on timings.
- 1Once the chicken is cooked through finally add Methi in the end and cook for additional 5-10 minutes.
- 2Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with Rotis.