This recipe is another low-touch and over-simplified and nutritious version of the traditional cabbage stir-fry.
It uses a lot of fat burning spices to make it even more delicious.
Cabbage is a great low carb vegetable and you could eat this as much as you want without putting on weight.
In fact, you may be able to get in the habit of eating this every day, just pair it up with a lot of protein.
- 1Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add Cumin, Mustard, Nigella, Fenugreek, and Asafoetida. You should hear the spices sizzle and also release the nice aroma!
- 3Immediately add onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and green chilies (or Jalapeño) and mix evenly.
- 4Stir-fry for about 5 minutes and then add everything else and mix well.
- 5Cook covered, stirring every 5 minutes or so until cooked through! Should take about 20 minutes.
- 6Turn the heat off and garnish with cilantro And serve hot with your low carb rotis.
Don't forget a side of Protein (Meat or Paneer)!
You could eat as much of this cabbage you want.
This tastes great with Greek Yogurt as well.