You can take your scrambled eggs to a whole another level by adding some amazing weight loss spices such as paprika, turmeric, Asafoetida, green chilly peppers, and other vegetables!
Important: Do not worry about all of the “extra” ingredients for the curry flavor. Try to make it with whatever you have in your pantry and refrigerator. It is a super-forgiving recipe.
- Eggs – 8 Large or 12 Medium
- Onion, chopped – 2 cup
- Bell Pepper chopped – 1 cup (use green/yellow pepper or any other sweet pepper you can find)
- Other choices of veggies from the approved vegetable list – 1/2 cup (I used a handful of fresh green peas and spring onions today)
- Tomato, chopped – 1 cup
- Cilantro or Coriander, chopped – 1/2 cup for garnish
- 2-3 Green chili, chopped long and thin (optional if you don’t like spicy, skip this)
- Tempering Spices | Pinch of Asafoetida, Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp, Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp, Nigella Seeds 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne pepper or red pepper powder- 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Olive Oil (or alternate Ghee or coconut Oil) – 1 tbs
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them with salt and black pepper and set them aside.
- Heat Olive oil over medium-high heat in your largest non-stick pan.
- Once the oil has warmed up, add the tempering spices, immediately followed by onion green peas, green chilies, and tomatoes (or other choices of veggies).
- Fry until onions are browned. Then, add salt, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper, and coriander powder.
- Mix well and add the eggs mixture and stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes while stirring and letting the egg cook through and scramble
- Add spring onion and cilantro, mix well, and turn off the heat.
- Serve immediately with a side of whole-grain bread, whole-grain tortilla, or use for lettuce wraps!
- Make extra to pack in your meal prep boxes for later.
Pictured below is a version I made the other day with lots of colorful vegetables and it turned out great as a complete one-pot weight loss meal!
Jerry Seinfeld Experiment: Don’t break the chain. Post #30.