If You are a fan of Indian Food, You have got to learn this basic building block of curry. Even If you are a seasoned cook and the recipes cheat around these corners bother you, you should still try your own variations of it so you never have to slog in the kitchen all day, well unless the kitchen is your happy place.
Backstory – Ever since my kids were born, I have spent a lot of time and effort identifying the most effective, and quickest ways to create delicious recipes. I was trying to lose weight while I could still eat the foods that taste great. Our recipes are for foods that are both healthy and delicious, and that’s why we’re confident you won’t find a better resource for low-carb meals. Ok don’t just take my word for it, try this out to know it for yourself.
Do you have a desk job? You sit at your desk all day and the job stresses you out. You follow through with a cycle of stress eating the first thing you get your hands on. If you want to finally lose all your excess weight, burn belly fat, increase zen, support a healthy inflammation response and repair your broken metabolism. And More of this – without giving up great food, without sweating in the gym. Learn more here – How to start losing your “computer belly” without counting calories, dieting OR sweating in the gym.
What you need to make this Indian Curry Sauce:
This will make a LOT of Indian Curry Sauce. Reduce the Quantity as you please. As for me If I am putting the time and effort into this, I would make larger quantities.
- Roughly Chopped Yellow or White Onions: 1 lb
- Garlic 2-3 Bulbs: 1/4 lb
- Roughly Chopped Ginger: about 1/4 lb
- One 6 oz. Can of Tomato Paste – Using Tomato Paste gives your Curry that rich red color (if you are not into adding a lot of Paprika or Cayenne Pepper)
- Olive oil, Avocado Oil, or Butter: 2 Tbsp
And the Spices:
- Coriander Powder: 4 Tbsp
- (Extra Hot) Red Chili Powder Or (Hot) Cayenne Pepper Powder: 2 Tbsp *Use only 1 Tbsp if you do not like spicy food for taste or medical reasons.
- Black Pepper: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric: 2 Tbsp
- Salt: 2 Tbsp
I am not playing doctor. Any advice you read on this blog cannot be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. If you are experiencing a health condition please reach out to a qualified healthcare professional. I repeat, do not use this blog as medical advice to treat yourself or others.
Instructions to make Indian Curry Sauce:
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Add Everything in the pan (Except the Tomato Paste) and cook until everything is lightly browned and most of the water is evaporated, should take just about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, Add Tomato Paste and mix and let it cook on residual heat.
- ***Alternatively – You can Dump All Ingredients in the Instant Pot – Oil, Followed by Onion and then Everything Else And Saute for 8 minutes with Vent Open, and achieve the same effect.****
- Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Finally – the moment of truth. Use an Immersion Hand Blender to grind this mixture into a thin paste. A large food processor or blender jar will work too.
- You could also throw in a handful of fresh green chilly peppers at this time (which I do because I love my curries slightly hot!).
- Store in your small meal prep container or freeze in muffin tins. Could be used for several months.
Recipes to be made with the Brown Indian Curry Sauce
Once you have this sauce ready, the possibilities are endless. So, Let me explain this with chicken.
1, Stir fry chicken breast, add Sauce, and Garam Masala. And simmer with some water and An awesome Chicken Curry is ready in no time. Do not forget to garnish with some cilantro in the end.
2, Stir fry chicken breast, add Sauce,and Garam Masala. And simmer with coconut milk and Another awesome Chicken Curry is ready. Yes do not forget the cilantro.
3, Stir fry some chicken breast, add Sauce, and simmer with water, heavy cream, and crush a small amount of dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) and Garam Masala and you get Better-Than-The-Restaurant Chicken Tikka Masala.
So, What will you make with this Indian Curry Sauce?
But there is more. My AI generated poetry of the day.
I love curry, I love it with rice, And every time I eat it, My Belly starts to Rise.
On a serious note though, Curry contains some serious fat burning stuff, if you know what else to eat it with. If you want to learn how you know where to find me.